Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Spigen SGP GLAS.tR for iPhone 5

Today, i'd like to take a look at an amazing product by Spigen SGP called the GLAS.tR.  For those of you who are new to glass screen shields, this product launched the market and still owns it.  Spigen has always created awesome products; how does this one stand?  Read on to find out!



The GLAS.tR is a glass screen shield made of premium tempered glass.  It also has a premium oleophobic coating (the same anti-fingerprint coating that's on the iPhone glass). In my opinion, the oleophobic coating that is on the GLAS.tR is superior to the iPhone glass (it is THAT great)!  

The GLAS.tR is a revised version of the popular GLAS.t.  The "R" version takes it a step further with rounded edges to reduce the chance of chipping.  These rounded edges lend themselves to the home button cutout too which feels great when pressing the home button.  

I simply cannot express my enthusiasm for this product.  It is truly amazing and worth every single penny.  I completely understand that most users think the price of $34.99 is overly expensive, but I can assure you that it is a product that you will install on your iPhone and leave it on for the life of your device.  

The only "downside" I can potentially see is that the home button is recessed due to the thickness (0.4mm) of the GLAS.tR but the home button stickers can help if this is something that bothers you.  In my opinion, the recessed area helps guide your finger to the home button and I actually like it.  





The surface harness is 8H which is a lot harder/tougher than Spigen's Ultra Crystal.  I don't think you could scratch this under normal daily use.  

To sum up this review, this is definitely a must have product!  Like I mentioned above, Spigen is selling the GLAS.tR for $34.99 available here 

Follow me on twitter @MyiTechGadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment